ATTENTION: THIS LOBBY KIT IS NOW OUT OF DATE – AS OF APRIL 2012
PLEASE USE THE LOBBY KIT AT THIS LINK INSTEAD
The ODSP Action Coalition has created a lobby kit for advocates to use in meetings with their MPPs on the Social Assistance Review.
The Coalition is a provincial group advocating for people with disabilities on ODSP and considers the Social Assistance Review the most important opportunity in decades to improve ODSP so that people with disabilities can live with dignity. Unfortunately, the Coalition is increasingly worried that any restructuring that comes out of the review will be more about reducing the costs of ODSP than improving the lives of people with disabilities.
This Lobby Kit lays out the Coalition’s key messages to MPPs and also provides helpful lobbying tips and templates.
Download the full 42-page lobby kit
Or download individual parts of the lobby kit, depending on what you need:
Using the Lobby Kit
- The Case for Adequacy in a Time of Austerity (Social Assistance Rates)
- Respect for People with Disabilities in the Social Assistance Review
Questions for MPPs
- ‘Can’ and ‘Cannot’ Work is the Wrong Question
- Accommodation and AODA
- Mandatory Participation in Work-Related Activities
- Mandatory Treatment or Rehabilitation
- Special Diet
- Summary of the Coalition’s First Submission (Dignity, Adequacy, Inclusion)
- Summary of the Coalition’s Second Submission (An Activation Agenda for ODSP)
Meeting with your MPP
- Lobbying Key Messages and Personal Story Sheet
- Writing Your Local MPP Tipsheet
- MPP Letter Template
- Lobbying Tipsheet: Meeting with Your Local MPP